9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Challenging KS1 Mathematicians to Work at Greater Depth
- A half day online session from Jo Cronin who is a freelance Maths consultant working across the South West. Jo has a wealth of knowledge and experience from her work with 200+ primary schools. Her training is always lively, up-to-date and meets the needs of all learners.
- This workshop will support participants in identifying and supporting their ‘greater depth’ mathematicians by exploring strategies and resources that can be used to deepen their mathematical understanding.
- This half day workshop will support participants to:
• Consider what we mean by a ‘greater depth mathematician’
• Understand the difference in provision for a pupil working at greater depth and a pupil who would have previously been described as ‘more able’
• Recognise the features of greater depth tasks and how we can use these features to provide more challenge
• Know where to find resources and what strategies to use to challenge pupils working at greater depth.
Date: Friday 15th October 2021
Time: 9.00am – 12.00pm